Header Ads

Header ADS

Health, Fitness and Happiness & rules to give you all


so you hit me alright everybody a couple
of things I need you to do before I
start my talk number one if you still
have your pad of paper ed pen you have
the next ten seconds to write down one
word and that word is how you feel right
now eight seven six five I'll give you a
few more seconds don't think about it
just write it down how do you feel right
now everybody got it written down
happiness sadness glorified all right
now number two I want you to stand up
we're going to move because I do that
fitness thing you know so make some room
now what we're going to do is we're
going to split this room in half right
down the middle the folks in the middle
wnna have to choose one of two
words this side live that side life are
you ready when I point to your side you
have to call out your word nice and loud
was that loud enough now start hopping
start hopping you know if you can't hop
if that's physically hard for you don't
do it now
you got to put your arms in the air
right here now you're going to keep your
arms in your air and I'm gonna point to
you as you keep moving
keep going
now we're gonna count down now you ready
ten nine hey in here come on
oh let's go yeah yeah oh that's good you
can sit so now pick up your pad and pen
again and write your new word how do you
feel now I'll give you 30 seconds for
that so why are you writing that down
let me tell you a thing or two about a
thing or two I'm 54 years old feel
pretty good um I was the c- student
student what happened there I was a c-
student who had a speech impediment who
was my ambition actually when I was
young child was to have ambition
procrastination was my favorite thing to
do in the world my middle initial my
middle initial is s I thought it meant
scared because that's how I spent
probaby the first 30-plus years of my
life you got your words down so here are
the six things that I figured out the
course of 30 years of training of the
people in training myself so the goal
here is to be fit and healthy and
flexible for the rest of your lives
sound good who would like that raise
your hand who would like to be strong
just strong flexible who would be who
would like to be less vulnerable to
illness and injury as you move over move
through life
who here has parents or grandparents
with health issues raise your hand those
folks had sex they made you guess what
you're going to have their problems
unless you do something different so
these are the six things you like that
well true look at Jack LaLanne Jack
Elaine died at 96 his father died at 50
so we outlived his father by half a
century because he did things very
different than his father so here are
the six things that I've done in the
course of the last 30 years that have
allowed me to create and develop and
sell the number one Fitness product in
the world not because on the smartest
guy in the world because I move
physically and here's what happens
here's what
happen to everybody in the room as a
result of that little fun game that we
played number one you release
norepinephrine dopamine serotonin is
something known as brain-derived
neurotropic factor so those are
chemicals that your pharmacist will give
you to make you feel good temporarily
because dopamine serotonin brain-derived
neurotropic factor are the things that
affect the temporal lobe that affect
this little area inside the hippocampus
called the dentate gyrus say it with me
1 2 3
everyone gets an A+ so inside the
dentate gyrus as a result of just move
I don't care how you do it any way you
want you can take Pilates yoga
weightlifting run a half marathon there
was a 5k in a 10k right here in Sant
Monica this morning a bunch of folks got
up at 6 o'clock rubbed out their eyes
and went out there and run beautiful
thing and every one of them released
noir panera dopamine serotonin and BDNF
brain-derived neurotropic factor which
is molecules and proteins sitting inside
that tiny dentate gyrus waiting hoping
dreaming wishing that you would move and
when you do for 20 minutes or more a day
we kind of activated it here a little
bit but for just 20 minutes or more a
day these proteins and molecules come
together inside of your noggin inside
your dentate gyrus and something called
neurogenesis occurs you get to create
brand new cells inside of your brain and
that changes everything about who you
are not just physically it's not
necessarily about this just that's
that's just for the girls and a couple
of guys no big deal you know so number
one if you understand the importance of
exercise and eating right the first
thing the first law is variety so if
you're on that cardio kick or you go to
Pilates or yoga you need to start moving
weights you need to start doing push-ups
and pull-ups the more you do the better
you get the faster your result and the
less likely you'll get hurt you'll get
bored or you'll Platea
you always continue to grow you always
continue to get better I don't care how
old you are 54 years old I can do things
physically at my age that I couldn't do
at 14 I could do 24 I couldn't do it 34
44 today
I had to leave early after the
soundcheck because I had a two and a
half hour
gymnastics workout to do at my house
with some friends that are all in their
20s and I kicked their ass fun right so
when you have variety and your fitness
get out of that rut of doing the same
thing over and over and over again and
mix it up and you will see amazing
results in a short period of time
number two what is number two I forgot
my dentate gyrus is broken consistency
which means you have to exercise five to
seven days a week for the rest of your
life because if you don't you end up
with something known as what I call
exercise bipolar disorder right Yuval
release the northen Efrain all these
beautiful things and you take to a three
day base off what happens I don't really
want to work out anymore and will feel
very good exercise sucks and right but
exercise should be like brushing your
teeth or eating your meals and showing
up to appointments or making sure you go
to bed at night it should be part of who
you are five to seven days a week for
the rest of your life number three
intensity you have to always up the ante
if you run 5k start running tens if you
run tens run half marathons half
marathons lead to marathons which lead
to ultra marathons if you want to start
hiking you hike a hill in three years
from now you're on an expedition with
your own Sherpa going up Mount Everest
that's how you grow now 14 24 34 I have
a minute in four seconds I do anything
physically but because I kept pushing
the envelope I kept tracking my progress
I would step a little higher lunge a
little deeper add an extra pull-up you
name it that's was that was the key
variety intensity consisting number one
is purpose stop eating food filled with
salt sugar and chemicals with the hope
that you're going to look smaller in the
future so you'll be at a wedding in
front of a bunch of people in a dress
come on they don't even know whether
they even care does it really matter so
it's not about your appearance it's
about quality of life having experiences
being able to
that's what it's about right so forget
about the look like and make it more
about the can-do because when you can do
more you more experiences and when
you're overweight you're overwhelmed and
you can't all right now of course ah
food food is everything you are what you
eat that's why Jacqueline Jacqueline
lived and to be to be 96 years old is
because when you eat crap you feel like
crap
correct so it's got to be fruits
vegetables whole grains lean proteins
and healthy fats you have to eat like
your great-great grandparents used to
eat if it comes from the ground or a
bush or a tree or it's crawling around
your backyard you cut off its head you
throw it on the grill
boom you're good does it have to be
vegan maybe does it have to be
flexitarian okay do Paleolithic that's
the latest thing that's the groovies
thing I don't care I look down at my
plate and I eat things I can pronounce
blueberries strawberries kale spinach
chicken whatever so more of that every
once in a while because you've earned it
because you're working out six days a
week and you're hanging out with
08:58
like-minded people and you're doing the
09:00
right thing then eat your key lime pie
for dessert
aha I like chocolate chip cookies I eat
them too but my main caloric meals of
the day breakfast lunch and dinner are
clean wholesome healthy foods period
every time and I start cheating after
dinner you know
I'll have the chocolate chip cookies or
the chocolate covered almonds or the key
lime pie or the tiramisu anyway you get
the point so the purpose here is to be
able to combine exercise which i
fitness
food which is health put those two
things together and everybody stand up
here we go start hopping here we go come
on come on arms up here we go
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 thank you very much
everybody

No comments

Powered by Blogger.